Wednesday 4 February 2015

Tree time


I got off the bus a few stops early today in the local town of Newton st Cyres, and went to say hello to some tree friends there. Golden sun lighting up the wintery woods. Spring is coming and she's so beautiful......


I've always been astounded by the anatomy of trees. How such an old, slow, wise creature can, over decades, warp and twist this way and that, making pathways, adventuring, peeling away, adding on, weaving, continuing.... this tree got to me.



This one, I stood and gazed at for quite a while. A network of branches intertwining, connecting, weaving in and out of each other to create a foundation for more growth; the bones of mother Earth rejoicing the love that binds everything. This, for me, was a fine visual display of this concept.


Amongst the dark green, brown and deep reds of the woods, I noticed a flash of pink... I followed the burst of colour and found myself in a wondrous fairy grove, the only noticeably brightly coloured spot on my whole expedition. Hidden inside a low canopy of branches and leaves, the dappled sunlight warmed the pocket of flowers with a magical, rose-quartz iridescence. 


I do wonder what kinds of pixie gatherings are held there when no one is around.
How beautiful our world is!

No comments:

Post a Comment