Monday 2 February 2015

Swelling

I need this.
that'd be quite nice, too...
But mostly this.
Of course, I don't need them. Immediately. It seems that I can feel the wild woods in me, waiting patiently for my next venture into the quiet and tranquil place. but it's a swelling urge rising up inside me to be amongst trees and peace. My hands beg to come into contact with bark, moss, rough wood and stone rather than shiny metal and dull plastic; my feet to tread on forest floor, not worn out shoe soles pounding on grey concrete and tarmac, and all I mostly hear is the drone of traffic and constant murmur of people flocking to carry out their daily business as they tensely scurry along their linear pathways which seem to be such a mind-numbing obsession. Of course many of us render ourselves victims of this, it cannot be denied, as it's part of the game. However, we could take so much wisdom from the woods.

I feel quite strange not having been into the forest for a while.

I'm only going to be in this place for a little while longer, and then I'm going to retreat to a cosy cave with just the freedom of silence and ponderings and art. I'll dance and dance, through body, paper, pen, colour, song, word; I'll train and create and connect; I'll go to the Pyrenees and Barcelona and Portgual and have a jolly old time, and when I come back I shall write, and dream, and invent some adventures.

I have to set this into action, now.
My Imbolc celebrations today were non-existent, due to unfortunate happenings within the family. But this time of year has much to tell us about change, and as the Earth begins to unfurl and slowly awaken, so do I.


(I had a realisation about being a rainbow and being a rain cloud. Rainbows are a manifestation of beautiful light, a finished result of a collision of the Earth's most important allies. They cannot exist without the rain cloud - though it is dark and foreboding, it provides the necessary means for the spectrum of colours to shine through. We all must follow the natural cycle of the dark, internal build up of wonderings, reflection and self-nourishment, unfolding to reveal the product that is the wisdom we've taken from it, the light that shines when we are ready for it to.)
I'm also not quite sober right now so this may not make all that much sense but this is just a brain-splurge

No comments:

Post a Comment